Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This is where I went last Sunday

It was a beautiful day in western Washington on Sunday not a cloud in the sky as the following pictures attest to.


I followed what is called the Longfellow Creek Legacy Trail, and it starts near what is called the

Westwood Village shopping center. There is a Barnes & Noble book store in the shopping center that

was there I started from.


The trail follows a creek some of the time,

and sometimes it continues along residential streets.


This last picture at a park was the last picture I took before the batteries in my camera died. That will teach me to keep my batteries charged and to have extras on hand as well.

The trail ends in valley near a steel mill, from there I walk up to California Ave, that is on top of a ridge running North and South west from the trail. When I reached California Avenue I brought batteries for my camera and took these pictures along the avenue going south.





The mountains to the west are the Olympics.

It was getting on towards sundown at that time, and where wasn’t much light. The west Seattle area is a nice area to go walking, I may go back there and explore again next Sunday afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment