Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Farm

This is the farm where I grew up, lots of good memories there. I spent my time working, doing chores exploring the woods, hunting, and whatever else my Dad needed me to do. We had a Border Collie for a cow dog, she was my constant companion for ten years, followed me all over the countryside, good memories indeed. After talking with the current owners, they graciously allowed me to walk around the farm to my heart's content

I started walking around the barn and other buildings

This is the old machine shed

The old Barn, I think is was built in 1921




The old barn



The tobacco shed, remember hanging tobacco in this shed, that was hard work

a view of what remains, other small building and fences are missing now


Next was walk to out on this point




entering the woods

found a flower blooming

Heading back to the buildings


fences are gone now





Next I walked over what used to be the tobacco field, and what used to be other pasture


A deer stand, saw many signs of deer, I would suspect there are now as many deer as there where cattle when my Dad was farming

the old hill road

I used to chase cows up and down this hill road, both morning and evening, every day during the summer.




The path back to the barn



back at the barn, it has been many years since I walked this path


a view from where the house now stands

A view of the farm as I was driving back to Lansing Iowa, where I was staying.

No comments:

Post a Comment